Saturday, January 11, 2014

Getting a New Pair

A couple of weeks ago, a friend shared this photo on Facebook:

That's how I feel (that's not me in the picture, silly).

My first appointment after receiving the biopsy results was with a plastic surgeon. He asked, "am I the first doctor you've seen?" and I said yes. He said, "That's not usually how it's done."

(I know. You are all thinking the same thing I was thinking. I think my mom even giggled).

I tried not to laugh while I explained my logic - that I was going to have to live with his work the longest, and I'm a "begin with the end in mind/outcome-oriented person" so he was really the most important piece of the puzzle and therefore the first appointment.

He gave me a sideways look, but then we had a good conversation about how the next year of reconstruction would play out.

I have been walking my butt off (literally) over the last 18 months. I'm in great shape, except for these 2 slackers on my chest. I would never have volunteered for cosmetic surgery.
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in its hands." -- Richard Bach
So true! When we are done, I will have a great new pair. This is the silver lining, the open window, the lemonade. I will also be ALIVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment