Saturday, January 11, 2014

The Biopsy

On January 6, I had a stereotactic biopsy. Boulder Community Hospital sent me great information ahead of the procedure, so I felt fairly well prepared for what was about to happen. The technician started with yet another mammogram to see if she could locate the target area - and she got it on the first try. That was good.

The radiologist explained that there was a chance that they wouldn't be able to find it or get a good sample, but everyone was in a good mood and finding it on that first mammogram of the day was a good sign. The procedure went fine. It took about a half hour of setting up, discussing, basically preliminaries, then the procedure took about an hour.

It wasn't so bad. I was in an uncomfortable position, but the process itself didn't hurt.

The radiologist said that in his experience, "when they're that hard to find, it's usually not that bad." It was an off-the-cuff comment, but he was in such a good mood about the whole thing, that I left feeling hopeful.

I received a call from an oncologist on Wednesday with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment