Saturday, January 11, 2014

The Mammograms

I had a regular screening mammogram on December 11. A few days later, I received a call telling me the radiologist had seen microcalcifications on one side and wanted me to come back for more views.

On December 18, I had a crazy number of mammograms of my left breast. I lost count around 8.  The technician was trying to find a specific cluster. She let me see each view.  Eventually she got the image she needed, then I had a chance to sit and talk with the radiologist.

He showed me my mammograms from the past several years, then the latest set. There was a cluster he was concerned about, and then there were other clusters as well as many scattered but isolated microcalcifications, all in one breast; the other one looked fine. He said he had already discussed the images with another radiologist and that the next step would be a stereotactic biopsy.

I scheduled that for January 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment