Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Fill 'er Up

Today is day 12. I woke up feeling great. I've been walking 6 miles/day (all inside - brrrr too cold out there! - and yes it takes a l o o n n n g  time at only 2 mph). Taking a little less motrin.

I had a massage yesterday in my parent's massage parlour basement, thank you very much mom and dad!

This morning my upper chest felt more flexible. It's hard to describe, but the skin has been very tight and then this morning it felt - better. Looser.

That lasted about an hour and a half, until I saw the plastic surgeon who said I'm doing great, fill 'er up. Another 80 cc each side (for those of you keeping score at home, I am now up to 300 cc). That's nearly double what they filled last week.

O.M.G.

The only thing I can do is let little moans escape.
David said we haven't had moaning like that in this house in a while ;-)

Dr. Hartley said with this fill, I'm basically done with the expansion part. Drains are still in (boo) but Friday is a possibility for getting them out. I can go back to my regular speed on the treadmill (thank you for giving me back an hour per day!). He said everything looks good. There are some areas he'll tidy up when they do the swap-out-the-expander-for-permanent-ones procedure. The things that feel odd to me are good signs for him, so we're taking his word for it. And what a charmer - they sent me home with flowers!

<insert moaning sounds here>

My continued thank you to everyone for messages, visits, dinners and good wishes!



No comments:

Post a Comment