Sunday, February 2, 2014

Steppin' Out

Yesterday was Day 8. I had been in the house pretty much all week, between the icky weather and my car still in the shop. I have been getting lots of rest and sleeping well. I managed to do a little work on Friday. And, I've been increasing 1000 steps/day on the treadmill (about 10-15 minutes increase, still at only 2 mph).

Last night was the Boulder JCC's annual gala event. I tried on 2 dresses on Thursday. One was a sure bet.  The other was going to take a miracle. Not in the places you might think (ha!), it zipped fine up the back until about 4 inches from the top. Too swollen.

I iced like crazy over the next few days but alas, still too swollen up top. Oh well. Went with the sure bet.

And went! 

It was wonderful to see so many of our friends at once. I am so appreciative of all of you. The people who already knew and have been so supportive . . . and the people who just learned for the first time last night. Being with the community was energizing.  I shared stories with other survivors further down the path. I spoke with someone having a biopsy this week. We have an amazing community. 

We had a great time! 


Now more ice :-) and GO BRONCOS!

1 comment:

  1. Wow -- Love the picture. Good for you. Glad you are healing well.

    ReplyDelete