Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Day 5 Update

I saw the doctor for the first post-op visit today. They took out the staples (I didn't even know I had staples) and mom and I didn't pass out. They also topped me off, so to speak, and we didn't pass out for that either. I am "well on my way to a successful reconstruction." Neato!

The other headline for today: the pathology report is fine, lymph nodes were negative. YAY!

Read on if you have a strong stomach or are just curious (it's not too exciting, the exciting stuff you have already read).

The last 5 days had ups and downs. Saturday I had a lot of energy (getting out of the hospital helped) and Sunday I was tired. Also on Sunday I noticed I was having a reaction to the antibiotics. Got a new Rx, some Benadryl and a good night's sleep.

Monday I was fine, except for the rash (also related to the antibiotics). So no more antibiotics, and more Benadryl.

Tuesday was The Day That Sucked as I tried to flush out all the meds, trying to clear whatever was still impacting me. Cranky and tired and uncomfortable most of the day. My apologies if you called on Tuesday, I was not up for talking. The surgery part was the least of my problems. Many flushes later I became human again.

Today I'm much better and the doctor visit went well. And I can take a shower :-)

For those who are also wondering: I've been walking every day. I"m following doctors' orders (don't sit all day and take it slow). It's been cold here so I've been using the treadmill, set to 2 mph (the limit they gave me), which is s o o o o o o s l o w it's like sleepwalking. I'm up to 7,000 steps/day and my Fitbit registers 0 active minutes, which means it thinks I'm sleepwalking too.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you are feeling better. You sounded great today.
    The rest of us are just happy that you are giving us all a chance to catch up to your steps. I'm sure in no time you will be back at the top of the Fitbit list and we will all just be trying to catch up to you everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got an email from David letting us know your most important news. Yay.

    ReplyDelete