Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Counting Down

I know it seems like I've been quiet lately, but I've been keeping busy.
I graduated from Physical Therapy. Means: keep doing the exercises. 

We had a Shabbat dinner here, sort of as a trial run before Passover.  The dining room got cleaned up and there was cooking! 


I have been hiking when the weather is good. I've made it up to the overlook 4 times! It is great to hike with friends and family, thank you!


I have logged a lot of altitude. It's good for perspective.

Bear Peak will have to wait a few weeks though. I can see the snow on top from our house and I don't want to risk anything before next week. . . 

Which is when I'm having the next procedure! I've been researching "styles" in preparation for the next step. Yes, it's just what you think it is. The surgeon said bring photos. Well, ok then. Guys are probably used to this. Holy cow is all I can say. I'm all about décolletage, which is a great word that I didn't really understand until recently. And now I have a Pinterest board just for that. 


Tonight the gals played maj and I maj'd on a great hand. Be sure to read my tweet, and Doug's reply (below).


Hahahahaha. Home run = a mah jongg-breast-twitter joke on April Fools day. Awesome.

Just 5 more days! Did I mention surgery is on Monday? The expanders come out and the permanent implants go in. There's a bit of other activity too but it should be quick (just a couple of hours) and it's outpatient. I will be home resting/healing/knitting next week. It's not the final step of reconstruction, but it's the last big surgical step.  The expanders are just not comfortable. I get about 4 or 5 minutes a day when I don't notice them, but that's it. I am trying not to get too excited but it's a little like waiting to get braces off. From the inside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment