Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Recovering Again

Surgery on Monday (4/7) went fine. It was outpatient and I was home by mid-afternoon.
I've spent the last 2 days covered in compression-wear: compression knee socks, something girdle-like that goes from my knees to just under my new pair, and a compression bra. I am fully compressed.

There's also a variety of foam and gauze padding helping hold everything in place. There's been some rearranging of fat (moving it upstairs) so there's foam on the donor sites and gauze in the upper levels.

As with the other procedures, I think I react more to the anesthesia and whatever else they gave me in surgery, than to the surgery itself. In other words: not really any pain, very little discomfort, but I had a sore throat from the tube they used in surgery, so I've been quiet (!) for a couple of days while that heals.

I'm sure there's swelling too, and I'm not supposed to be peeking, so it's hard to tell what's been done. I see the doctor on Friday morning and that's when I think some of the padding etc will come off (and I'll be able to see his handiwork). I think I'm about the size I wanted to be (in several places, yippee!).

Guess who is keeping an eye on me?

He moved up to sit at my shoulders because my lap was filled with ice packs, definitely not his thing.

I am taking it slowly, knitting, resting, etc. Back to a limit of 2 mph on the treadmill. Walking is more comfortable than sitting and it's good for circulation. No PT moves or stretches for a few weeks while things heal.

Thank you for the good wishes, texts, etc! I've been trying to keep up!




1 comment:

  1. Haven't checked in for a while. Glad to catch up on the news. I got a real laugh about the "styles" you were choosing from. Who knew? Wishing you and the family a Happy Pesach. DD

    ReplyDelete